The ESCR is a registered Canadian charity whose purpose is to assist refugees, immigrants and migrants to make Hamilton their home.
The ESCR is a Hamilton-based registered charity that provides emergency loans and gifts to at risk immigrants, refugees and other migrants.
A welcoming community where immigrants, refugees and all migrants find security and belonging.
- Human Rights and Justice
- Transparency and Accountability
- Diversity, Inclusion and Equality
- Respect, Compassion and Dignity
The ESCR was founded in 1987 as a cooperative response by churches and community groups to meet the unique needs of refugees, immigrants and migrants who make Hamilton their home.
As a registered Canadian charity, the ESCR plays a vital role in facilitating the process of family re-unification and the full participation of New Canadians into our community.
- Maria Antelo – Chair
- Nora Melara-Lopez – Coordinator
- Ragad Abdellatif – Director
- Jennifer Hompoth – Director
- Alex Matheson – Director
- Yuri Varela Jr. – Director
- Phillipe Lamarche – Co-Treasurer
- Mary Anne Peters – Secretary; Co-Treasurer